Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Viva Event: September 8th 2016

It was a circus, more or less, but in the best way. You're greeted at the door by a woman dressed like a gypsy and a magician with his magic hat. The first thing you see when you go inside is the man on stilts and two jugglers, to the left is a fortune teller, the right, a cotton candy bar and spinning wheel. Further back you see a weight-lifter, hula-hoop girl, and three dancers swaying to the music being played by a band. Further back, in a room off to the right, there were mermaids swimming through the air. It was all so spectacular.



I took everything in as I walked around, trying to capture the energy and liveliness with the camera I carried in my hands. I tried a cotton candy cocktail and spun the wheel, winning a voucher for the night's signature drink (score!).

It was pretty difficult to get really good shots, I have to be honest. The lighting was a bit dark and stupid me forgot my flash at home but I made the best of it.

From 7:00 to 8:00 was a cocktail hour and then we all were ushered into the auditorium where we got to see a preview of the upcoming musical "Big Fish," which is being shown at Willow Valley Communities, the same location that was hosting the event. All of the characters were the same ones that helped entertain the guests during cocktail hour. The preview was amazing and I would be incredibly surprised if the musical did not do well its featured weekend.

After the preview, dessert was served. I hung around a little longer, got a few more shots of the event and then headed home. Sadly being a college student, I had plenty of homework waiting to get done.

Even though I was not there very long and I was technically working, I had such a great time and I cannot wait for the next event.

Here are a few photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment